GET INVOLVED IN CULTURE NIGHT 2019
Culture Night, the annual celebration of culture, creativity and the arts, takes place Friday September 18th 2020. To participate in Culture Night your event has to be free to the public and take place between 4pm-Midnight on Friday September 18th 2020.
Why take part?
Aside from being a fantastic event, Culture Night can have a lasting impact on communities. Culture Night has:
- Proven to be a wonderful opportunity for new and established organisations/groups/artists to build a profile for themselves and the work they do.
- Provided a valuable platform to reach new audiences.
- Made it easier for people to play a role in their local cultural scene.
- Helped create a sense of community and belonging.
- Provided opportunities for networking between local organisations, groups and artists.
Events can range from something as simple as hosting a storytelling event, organising an exhibition, to more complex events such as concerts, dance performances or parades, all of which reflect the diversity of culture in County Cork. This year, we will celebrate the theme of ‘Culture Night Re-Imagined’, so the digital platforms that have become central to culture in recent months will continue to provide culture from Inchigeela to Inchon. Culture Night Cork County aims to become limitless for 2020.
What role will Cork County Council Arts Office play?
The Arts Office will compile all information for the countywide programme. We are here to help and will provide a targeted PR campaign to ensure public awareness of these events at a local, regional and national level as well as marketing support through the Culture Night Cork County website, National Culture Night website, social media, print programme and distribution.
You can contact us on:
Tel: 021 428 5000